Yes I know – it’s shocking, but I actually sewed something. Much more significantly than that – I actually finished something! I was waiting for the special redhead in my life to model it for me but I figure it could be weeks before I finish something again so I better get on with it and get a photo onto this blog.

This is the Mamu Design Katrin pattern sewn with Alexander Henry Storybrook Floral.

And this is Zoe’s Build a Bear ‘Bunny’ modeling the doll’s size dress that is included in the pattern:

This is the first time I’ve sewn a Mamu Design pattern and I was really happy with the shape and fit of this dress – except that it was too short for my very petite little girl (hence the frill). The instructions are very brief – so these patterns probably aren’t ideal for beginner sewers, but the construction is not complicated, and step by step illustrations are available online to help. Believe it or not the doll’s dress comes in several sizes so I could in theory make a matching dress to fit Emma (except that the dressing the doll novelty seems to have already worn off and I foresee Emma making her way back to Zoe’s shelf shortly).

Feeling flushed with success I decided to whip Zoe up a red dress to wear to school to celebrate the end of Chinese New Year. Somewhere around midnight I put the snaps in this winter version of the same pattern:

These are the best action shots I could get….Zoe on the equipment:

And Zoe hiding behind a tree:

Ahh well – I tried!